Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Patience....

As most of you know I live with 3 boys. This basically means that on a daily basis my patience will be tested numerous times and a lot of those times I will fail miserably. On any given day Jax will whine extra long and loud about something, Cash will scream and throw his food, Corey will do all of the above and I will lose it by 6 p.m. Well, now it seems I have a new little person testing my patience and, even though he's the smallest of them all, he's certainly holding his own.

I went to the doctor this morning to see if my birthing hour was coming soon. Being that I've been in lots of pain for that past week, I definitely thought we were looking at a huge change in my progress and a labor that could only be hours away. I was wrong. My female doctor, who has no children, was very quick to inform me that I was no further dilated than last time and that my cervix is still pretty thick. Wow, thank you so much. I realize that my body not doing what it's supposed to is not your fault, but you're the closest person to me right now and I want to kick you in the face. Again, my patience is not so good. I proceeded to tell the doctor that I thought I was going to give birth to a newborn roughly the size of a toddler and she didn't seem to be concerned. I'm not sure if she thought I was kidding, but I assure you if this baby weighs over 9 pounds and I have to push it out with no drugs, she will know that kidding I was not.

So, basically the point of this post is to let you all know that I haven't had a baby yet. I don't seem to be any closer to having a baby at this point and they won't induce me until I go to my appointment on Monday. I am hoping that I will not make it to this appointment, because if I do you will all want to stay a good distance away from me. I will, however, make a promise to everyone that my daily dose of Zoloft is keeping me from being on the news and physical pain will only be inflicted if absolutely necessary. Rest assured ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Britt! I know it is SO hard. I have been there, my friend! You are on the home stretch. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete