Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Waiting Game

I've always said that the best part of having a baby is the excitement of labor and delivery! I got very lucky with my first two boys and I was able to go into labor on my own, progress fairly quickly and make it through the whole thing virtually pain-free. I loved being able to call my friends and family with the exciting news that I was headed to the hospital and then a few hours later let everyone know that we had a new little member of the family. Oh to be able to do that again......

I would just like to be able to know what kind of time period we're looking at here. No, I don't want to be induced, but I would like to know if I'm going to be pregnant for another few weeks or just a few days. I know, I know you can't complain about being pregnant longer when you refuse induction, but guess what? I am!!! I don't think my skin can stretch any farther and I'm pretty sure I'm carrying a baby the size of a small 2-year old and I don't really want to know what that feels like in the midst of my first (and last) attempted natural birth. I just wish that I could focus on something other than the human growing inside my body, so that I could get some sleep and relax enough to know that this will not last forever!!! Is this really so much to ask??

Hopefully, I will be writing on this blog very soon that we have welcomed a new addition and that everyone can relax knowing that the crazy pregnant Brittany has left the building for good. In the meantime, you can find me walking around malls and schools as a reminder to young adults to use large amounts of birth control.

1 comment:

  1. I remember these days with Judah! For the first time, I totally got it why people want to be induced! In the long run, it was so much better that I waited for him to come on his own. Although I thought I was going to be pregnant forever, I wasn't. In the middle of it, you are just miserable though!!! We're thinking of you, Britt!

    ReplyDelete