Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween, here we come!!!

I must admit that ever since I had kids holidays have become a lot more fun. It's so much fun to go back to my childhood and enjoy the simple things that holidays like Halloween have to offer. Lucky for me, I have a very enthusiastic 4 year old that indulges me by being thrilled at the idea of picking out pumpkins and dressing up as his favorite superhero!

This year the buildup to Halloween has been a little slower than normal. Since I'm due right around the 31st I haven't had a chance to decorate the house or think about our trick-or-treating arrangements much. It occurred to me this past weekend that we were officially still pumpkin less, so I suggested we remedy that situation immediately! We decided to drive to Cartersville to visit a pumpkin patch and hopefully get into the spirit of Halloween just a bit. Unfortunately we picked the coldest and windiest day ever, but we were still able to do some fun stuff. Not only did we get to pick out the best pumpkins, but we also got to visit with some of the animals on the farm! The farm had most of your run of the mill animals: pigs, sheep, goats and chickens; however, they also had Cash's favorite animal......a camel!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you're probably thinking, why is Cash's favorite animal a camel?? Well, we have a zoo book that we read 400 times a day that has a camel in it and Cash thinks it's the coolest :) Anyways, after yelling "camel" for a good 20 minutes, we were able to wrestle both kids back in the car and head home before we all froze to death!

Now that we've gotten the necessary elements for a proper Halloween, we can start planning which neighborhoods to hit up for the best candy. Jax has gotten his costume and worn it to bed, to break it in of course, and Cash has made sure to let me know that he's not going to wear his costume without a fight. So all in all I'd say we are ready for a very happy Halloween!!













No comments:

Post a Comment